Top Digital Strategy, UX and Web Design in Atlanta
What Is Web Development?
Web Design and Development
Web designers differ from developers in that they consider a client’s website objectives and use Information Architecture to determine a website’s information hierarchy. This guides the design process. Web designers can create wireframes and move to the design stage, which involves several design principles to achieve an aesthetically pleasing web layout with an excellent user experience.
These design principles include:
- Balance: Web designers must create a balanced layout that maximizes the use of large and dark colors with small and light colors. The proportion of these values is imperative to creating a balanced website design.
- Contrast: In color theory, contrasting colors are colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel. Web design uses contrasting colors, sizes, shapes and textures to pull attention to different areas and encourage the user to take actions on the site.
- Emphasis: Like contrast, emphasis is a design principle that uses highlighting to draw attention to important features or elements of the layout. Emphasis is best used sparsely to draw attention to only critical elements, rather than overloading the user.
- Consistency: Consistency, repetition or rhythm is a vital design principle for positive user experience. Consistency in design principles is used for clean navigation to encourage users to take action and spend more time on your site.
- Unity: Unity is the relationship between the different elements of the layout and the composition. Unity applies to how the human brain processes information visually by sorting it into categories.
Web designers specialize in:
- User experience (UX): A UX web designer’s role is to keep the user engaged with the site. They craft a website that your audience will enjoy because they employ insights from the users’ demographics and needs, often conducting tests to fine-tune the site.
- User interface (UI): A UI web designer improves the way the users interact with elements of your site or its interface. This is done by translating brand ideas and values into a website that’s easy to navigate.
- Visual designer: A visual designer is a blend of both UX and UI. A visual designer works to improve the user journey with coding and creative skills and also solves design issues. Their primary role is to conceptualize the brand’s style and tone.
The Value of a Great Website
How do you know whether you need a designer or developer? A designer is needed for jobs like designing a homepage layout, conceptualizing website branding or editing photos and videos. A developer is needed for creating contact forms, creating mobile apps and fixing server or hosting issues.
Building a website from scratch requires both a developer and a designer. The teamwork ensures that you have a site that functions properly, maximizes SEO, provides excellent user experience and is visually appealing.
When a prospective client searches for you on the internet, they form an instant impression of your business as the page begins to appear. Within seconds, they have an opinion that determines whether they move forward or click away and move on to other businesses.
Like all other aspects of marketing, designing a great website comes down to understanding what the customer wants. From the moment a website begins to load, the user is looking for:
- Simple layouts that are easy to follow.
- Clean pages without irritating pop-up
- Copy that is large enough to read but is not overwhelming.
- Easy-loading pages with a natural flow.
- Vibrant webpages with a modern look.
- Fast load and response times.
If your website is lacking in these areas or it hasn’t been updated for several years, it’s likely not delivering on one or more of these customer expectations.
Responsive Web Design
Responsive web design is the practice of optimizing your website to display appropriately on all screen sizes and devices, such as tablets, desktops and smartphones. Google acknowledges three different configurations for building mobile sites, and responsive design is the recommended design pattern.
Responsive web design combines UX and UI to increase user engagement. This is built with insights from SEO experts to develop an engagement strategy to fuel growth. The result is enhanced site performance, targeted messaging and defined key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure a site’s performance.
M16 Marketing — Atlanta Web Design and Development Services
At M16 Marketing, we offer high-impact, responsive website design and web development services to address the needs of many industries and businesses.
Here are some of our services:
Enterprise development is the process of creating an application for use within an organization or for sale to an organization. Unlike consumer applications, enterprise applications are specifically designed to serve a need that’s relevant to the organization, such as inventory management or employee time logs. This is done to ensure your mobile employees are more effective in day-to-day tasks.
Enterprise applications may be developed to work within the existing infrastructure or may connect with an enterprise server, back-end server or another internal resource. Because an enterprise application may have access to sensitive information, it will need additional layers of security and a workspace, which is a secure container on the device that keeps the sensitive data encrypted and isolated from other data.
Your application can be equipped for e-commerce, enabling you to attain maximum results for your business. We provide solutions that help your business connect with target customers by implementing a strategy that integrates with effective design and execution. You can analyze the competition in your niche, and we’ll custom design your homepage, checkout page and product and service pages that combine user experience with high conversions. We can also integrate with third-party vendors, set up your online store and provide custom-made reports to monitor your progress.
PHP is a popular server-side scripting language for the web that’s used all over the internet. It’s used to add functionality to websites that HTML alone can’t achieve, such as performing calculations, collecting user information and interacting with MySQL databases. It also works with cookies, which are used to identify a user and store the user’s preferences as a given on the site so they can revisit the site without re-entering the information each time. As the owner, you can retrieve the information to gain insights about your customers.
SharePoint is a development platform for SharePoint Framework, SharePoint Add-ins and farm solutions. The versatile development platform is useful for building components and solutions that address a wide range of needs, such as creating solutions to incite users to collaborate and help employees satisfy their tasks.
With the help of a SharePoint developer, you can ensure that you’re working with a reliable architecture that can change with the company’s scale or be custom developed for your own personalized solution. You can also customize features and add-ins to ensure the ideal user experience, and it fully integrates with existing enterprise systems.