Responsive web design is the practice of optimizing your site to work well on devices including desktops, tablets and smart phones.
Google recognizes three different configurations for building mobile sites. Responsive design is Google’s recommended design pattern.
Optimize Now For Mobile
M16 is a leading marketing agency providing responsive web design services to help companies transition from desktop to mobile.
Responsive Web Design Planning
One of the main goals of your website is to promote your business’ products and services. Effective planning for a website requires that you connect to your customers by following the key rules below.
• Structure: The structure of your website depends on the type of audience that you are trying to attract and the style of your business. Design features should be consistent and easily understandable so that your visitors can navigate around your website without any issues.
• Pages: Your content needs to be presented in such a way that it provides useful information to your visitors without giving them information overload or providing low quality or otherwise unhelpful content. Decide how many pages your website needs and determine the purpose of each one.
• Navigation: Most Web users spend no more than half a minute on a website before deciding whether or not to continue using it or look elsewhere.
Website navigation should be clear with a minimal learning curve for users of any Internet-enabled device. Never sacrifice ease of use for fancy or unusual styles and layouts.
• Content: Any modern website needs more than just textual content. Combining various types of content has the potential to greatly improve the experience of your users.
Important Web Design Considerations
The following takes a look at the most important design considerations that no business can afford to ignore.
• Consistency: When initially planning your website, you will want to come up with a distinct and consistent style in order to brand your business. This will make your website more memorable while and create a better user experience.
• Usability: It can be tempting to take a radical approach in order to provide a completely unique user experience but this can often cause a disastrous user experience. Your website should be fast, efficient and provide clear navigation controls.
• Content placement: Give people what they want and what they expect by placing your content appropriately. Engaging headlines, useful information, and calls to action are important if you are trying to advertise something.
• Content clarity: Is your content easily viewable and comfortable to read? Keep things simple and never sacrifice readability for being fancy.