Google recognizes three different configurations for building mobile friendly websites. Responsive design is Google’s recommended design pattern. M16 Marketing’s responsive web design services include custom web design, advanced coding, web app development and advanced ecommerce solutions.
Responsive Web Design Planning: 5 Key Ingredients
One of the main goals of your website is to promote your business’ products and services. Effective planning for a website requires that you connect to your customers by following the 5 key to success below.
• Information Architecture: Information architecture is the key to organizing, structuring, and labeling content to help users find information and complete tasks.
Your content needs to be presented in such a way that it provides useful information to your visitors without giving them information overload or providing low quality or otherwise unhelpful content. Decide how many pages your website needs and determine the purpose of each one.
• Content: Any modern website needs more than just textual content. Combining various types of content has the potential to greatly improve the experience of your users. Give users what they want and what they expect by placing your content appropriately. Engaging headlines, useful information, and strong calls to action are critically important to communicate your message effectively.
• Navigation: Most web users spend no more than half a minute on a website before deciding whether or not to continue using it or look elsewhere. Website navigation should be clear with a minimal learning curve for users of any Internet-enabled device. Never sacrifice ease of use for fancy or unusual styles and layouts.
• Usability: Usability focuses on whether specified users can meet their specified goals effectively and efficiently. It can be tempting to take a radical approach in order to provide a completely unique user experience but this often causes a disastrous user experience. It’s important to understand user requirements, formulate usability goals and conduct usability evaluations. Your website must be fast, efficient and provide clear navigation controls.
• Performance: When it comes to performance our clients select us because of our innovative responsive web design services and high powered performance using WordPress. The combination of a well coded, well optimized website and the industry’s most secure, scalable and fast WordPress hosting platform places our responsive web design services in an elite category.
Need to see our recent projects?
Important Web Design Considerations
The following takes a look at the most important design considerations that no business can afford to ignore.
• Consistency: When initially planning your website, you will want to come up with a distinct and consistent style in order to brand your business. This will make your website more memorable while and create a better user experience.
• Structure: The structure of your website depends on the type of audience that you are trying to attract and the style of your business. Design features should be consistent and easily understandable so that your visitors can navigate around your website without any issues.