Google’s Recommendation: Responsive Web Design
M16 is a leading web design & marketing company providing responsive web design services to help companies transition from desktop to mobile. Responsive web design is the practice of optimizing your site to work well on devices including desktops, tablets and smartphones.
Google recognizes three different configurations for building mobile friendly websites. Responsive design is Google’s recommended design pattern.
Responsive Web Design Planning: 5 Key To Success
One of the main goals of your website is to promote your business’ products and services. Effective planning for a website requires that you connect to your customers by following the 5 key to success below.
• Information Architecture: Information architecture is the key to organizing, structuring, and labeling content to help users find information and complete tasks.
Your content needs to be presented in such a way that it provides useful information to your visitors without giving them information overload or providing low quality or otherwise unhelpful content. Decide how many pages your website needs and determine the purpose of each one.
• Content: Any modern website needs more than just textual content. Combining various types of content has the potential to greatly improve the experience of your users. Give users what they want and what they expect by placing your content appropriately. Engaging headlines, useful information, and strong calls to action are critically important to communicate your message effectively.
• Navigation: Most web users spend no more than half a minute on a website before deciding whether or not to continue using it or look elsewhere. Website navigation should be clear with a minimal learning curve for users of any Internet-enabled device. Never sacrifice ease of use for fancy or unusual styles and layouts.
• Usability: Usability focuses on whether specified users can meet their specified goals effectively and efficiently. It can be tempting to take a radical approach in order to provide a completely unique user experience but this often causes a disastrous user experience. It’s important to understand user requirements, formulate usability goals and conduct usability evaluations. Your website must be fast, efficient and provide clear navigation controls.
• Performance: When it comes to performance our clients select us because of our innovative responsive web design services and high powered performance using WordPress. The combination of a well coded, well optimized website and the industry’s most secure, scalable and fast WordPress hosting platform places our services in an elite category. See how our Atlanta web design company delivers results.